Turkey vs Norway World Cup Live Football Score 27-Mar-2021
Norway and Turkey will be looking to build on winning starts to World Cup 2022 qualifying when they meet at Estadio La Rosaleda in Malaga on Saturday evening.
The fixture is being staged on neutral territory due to coronavirus travel restrictions, though Norway are the designated home team for this intriguing Group G clash.
That made it three wins, one draw and one defeat in five games since losing to Serbia in October’s Euro 2020 qualifying playoff tie.
Going further back, Stale Solbakken‘s charges have lost only lost five of their last 28 matches and have their eyes set on a first World Cup finals appearance since 1998.
Norway Vs Turkey
- Martin Odegaard suffered an ankle injury against Gibraltar on Wednesday and is unlikely to recover in time to face Turkey.
- Erling Haaland surprisingly failed to score against Gibraltar in midweek despite firing off eight shots.
- Kristoffer Ajer and Joshua King are options should Norway shuffle their pack for Saturday’s game.
- Norway were expected to thrash Gibraltar on Wednesday but only ended up winning 3-0. A victory nonetheless to kickstart their 2022 World Cup qualification campaign, however.
- Turkey shocked the Netherlands 4-2 in their opening game of qualification, with Burak Yilmaz netting a hat-trick.
- With the Netherlands still struggling under Frank de Boer, there is a real opportunity for one of these two teams to top Group G.
- Winless across their last four away games, Norway should certainly look to capitalise on home advantage here. The absence of Martin Odegaard for the home side, however, is a blow.