Tottenham vs Manchester United Premier League LIVE Football Score 30 Oct 2021
ABOUT THE MATCH
Tottenham is going head to head with Manchester United starting on 30 Oct 2021 at 16:30 UTC at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium stadium, London city, England. The match is a part of the Premier League.
Greenwood’s late goal may have extended Manchester United’s victory margin more than Spurs manager Jose Mourinho would feel was justified but he can have no serious complaints about the final outcome.
Spurs led at the interval but it was United who came out after the break with real purpose and intent, Fred’s equaliser the inevitable result of the pressure that built up.
For a side containing the attacking threat of Son and Harry Kane, Spurs lie dormant for long periods, dragged down by the stodgy gameplan that seems far too conservative for a team boasting two such elite attackers.
Spurs – who won the reverse meeting 6-1 in October – had their moments in the second half but they were fleeting and there was never a sense they were taking control. This loss leaves them six points behind fourth-placed West Ham in seventh and they will have to improve markedly if they are to turn their top-four aspirations into reality.
Match stats – Mourinho’s worst league season for defeats
- Spurs boss Jose Mourinho is winless in his past five home matches against sides he has previously managed (D2 L3), having won 12 in a row between 2002 and 2018.
- He has suffered 10 league defeats in a single season for the first time in his entire managerial career.
- In English top-flight history, Manchester United’s current 23-game unbeaten run away from home in the league (W15 D8) is bettered only by a 27-game run from Arsenal between April 2003 and September 2004.
- Spurs have dropped 18 points from winning positions in the Premier League this season, second only to Brighton (20). It is the most points a Mourinho side has dropped from winning positions in a single Premier League campaign.
- Manchester United have gained 28 points from losing positions in the Premier League this season – in the competition’s history, only Newcastle in 2001-02 (34) and Manchester United themselves in 2012-13 (29) have earned more points from such positions.
- Son Heung-min became the first player to score three or more goals against Manchester United in a single Premier League campaign since Sergio Aguero in 2014-15.
- Manchester United’s Fred scored just the second goal of his career in the Premier League, with his previous one coming against Wolves in September 2018; his equaliser ended a run of 73 shots without scoring in the competition.
- Only Wayne Rooney (15) has scored more Premier League goals for Manchester United as a teenager than Mason Greenwood (13).
United host Granada on Thursday in the Europa League quarter-final second leg, holding a 2-0 lead (20:00 BST). They then play Burnley at home in the Premier League on Sunday, 18 April (16:00).