Real Madrid vs Real Sociedad LIVE Football Score 5 Mar 2022
About the match
Real Madrid is going head to head with Real Sociedad starting on 5 Mar 2022 at 20:00 UTC at Santiago Bernabeu stadium, Madrid city, Spain. The match is a part of the LaLiga. Real Madrid host Real Sociedad at the Santiago Bernabeu in La Liga on Saturday, looking to take another step towards the title.
Los Blancos are unbeaten in six league games right now, keeping a clean sheet in each of their four too, and sit six points clear of second-placed Sevilla. With the decisive Champions League clash against PSG coming up on Wednesday, Carlo Ancelotti’s side will want to prepare for the game on a resounding note.
Real Sociedad ended their three-game winless run in all competitions with back-to-back league victories over Osasuna and Mallorca, while keeping a clean sheet in both. They’re now in sixth place with 44 points, just one off the Champions League places, and are aiming for their first appearance in the competition since the 2013-14 season.
Real Madrid vs Real Sociedad Head-To-Head and Key Stats
- Real Madrid have won 25 of their last 41 matches with Sociedad, losing only eight times in the process.
- After seven consecutive wins over Real Sociedad in La Liga between 2015 and 2018, Los Blancos have won just three of their last seven meeting with the Basque Country outfit in the top-flight.
- Real Sociedad have taken points in two of their last three visits to the Santiago Bernabeu under Imanol Alguacil, after losing the previous nine.
- The Merengues are looking for their fifth consecutive league clean sheet for the first time since June 2020 when Zinedine Zidane was the manager.
- La Real are looking for their third consecutive top-flight win without conceding for the first time since a run of three between August and September 2021.
- Los Blancos are unbeaten in their last four clashes with Sociedad since the famous 4-3 defeat in Copa del Rey quarterfinals in the 2019-20 season.
Real Madrid vs Real Sociedad Prediction
Real Madrid are edging closer to the title and will be cautious of dropping points at this stage of the competition, especially since the margin for error is small.
Sociedad has caused them a lot of issues recently, even at the Bernabeu. However, Ancelotti’s troops look well placed to seal all three points, despite another tough encounter against the Basque Country side.
Prediction: Real Madrid 2-1 Real Sociedad
Real Madrid vs Real Sociedad Betting Tips
Real Madrid will be bidding to make it three straight La Liga victories when they continue their title charge at home to Real Sociedad on Saturday night. Los Blancos are currently top of the division, six points clear of second-placed Sevilla, while Real Sociedad occupy sixth, just one point behind fourth-placed Barcelona.
Much of the talk in recent days has been about Real Madrid’s Champions League last-16 second leg against Paris Saint-Germain at Bernabeu next week, where Carlo Ancelotti‘s side will look to overturn a 1-0 first-leg deficit to advance to the quarter-finals of the competition.
However, Los Blancos cannot afford to take their eye off the ball in La Liga, as second-placed Sevilla could have closed the gap to three points by the time that this match kicks off on Saturday night. Real Madrid have responded impressively to their shock 1-0 defeat at Getafe at the start of January, winning four of their last six league matches, including their last two against Alaves and Rayo Vallecano, while they have not conceded a single goal in La Liga since January 23.
Ancelotti’s team have a huge end to March, following the clash against PSG with league matches against Mallorca and Barcelona, and it will be interesting to see whether the Madrid giants pull clear at the summit, with Sevilla desperately trying to stay close to the current leaders. Real Madrid ran out 2-0 winners over Real Sociedad in the reverse match earlier this season, but the points were shared in a 1-1 draw when they last locked horns at Bernabeu last term.