Real Madrid vs Celtic LIVE Football Score 2 Now 2022
Karim Benzema has been named in the squad having missed Madrid’s last seven matches with a muscular problem. But Aurelien Tchouameni and Eden Hazard both miss out through injury.
Cameron Carter-Vickers did not travel with the Celtic squad after the defender “pulled up a bit sore” after the weekend win over Livingston, with Postecoglou adding that “the artificial pitch wasn’t great for him.”
Other than long-term absentee Callum McGregor, Celtic have no other injury concerns.
- Real and Celtic have met three times in the European Cup/Champions League. The Spanish side lost the first on March 5, 1980 (0-2), but beat them 14 days later (3-0) to progress to the semi-final. The most recent meeting was the 3-0 win for Real at Celtic Park in September.
- This will be the fourth time a Scottish side has faced Real in Madrid in the European Cup/Champions League, with each of the previous three ending in defeats – 0-6 for Rangers in 1963, 1-5 for Kilmarnock in 1965 and 0-3 for Celtic in 1980.
- Celtic’s last five games against Spanish sides in the Champions League have all ended in defeat, conceding 19 goals and only scoring once. They have never won away to a Spanish opponent in the European Cup/Champions League (D1 L8 from nine games).
- Real defeat against RB Leipzig last time out was their first of the 2022-23 campaign across all competitions, having gone unbeaten in their first 16 matches of the season (W14 D2). The 3-2 defeat was the first time Ancelotti’s side had conceded more than once in a single match this term.
- Celtic are winless in this season’s Champions League, drawing two and losing three of their five matches. Only once have they failed to win a single game during a campaign (D3 L3), doing so in 2016-17 under Brendan Rodgers.
- Real have only failed to win one of their 11 home games in the Champions League group stage under Ancelotti (1-2 v Sheriff Tiraspol in September 2021), with the other 10 all ending in victory. They have scored 29 goals across these 11 matches, at an average of 2.6 per game.
- Celtic have scored just three goals from 69 shots in the Champions League this season, with a shot conversion rate of 4.4%. Based on the quality of their chances, they would have been expected to have scored seven goals (7.2 xG, 3 goals).
- Since the start of last season, no player has been involved in more open play sequences that have ended in a shot (121) or a goal (20) in the Champions League than Real’s Vinicius Junior.
- No player has had more shots without scoring in the Champions League this season than Celtic’s Matt O’Riley (14). Indeed, the midfielder has had more attempts than any other player for the Scottish side this term.
Real Madrid vs Celtic Head-to-Head and Key Numbers
- In two head-to-head encounters between the two sides, Real Madrid hold the clear advantage. They have won both games.
- Uruguayan midfielder Federico Valverde and Brazilian forward Vinicius Junior have both scored six goals in the league for Real Madrid.
- French superstar Karim Benzema has six goal contributions in the league so far this season for Real Madrid.
- Portuguese attacker Jota has 10 goal contributions in the Scottish Premiership for Celtic this time around.
- Japanese striker Kyogo Furuhashi has eight goals in the Scottish Premiership for Celtic this season.
Real Madrid vs Celtic Prediction
Real Madrid are football royalty and they will enter few football matches as underdogs. Their squad boasts the current Ballon d’Or winner in Karim Benzema, two of the best wingers in the world in Vinicius Junior and Rodrygo, as well as two of the greatest midfielders to have played the game in Toni Kroos and Luka Modric.
Leave a Reply