Manchester United vs Newcastle Premier League LIVE Football Score 11 Sept 2021
ABOUT THE MATCH
Manchester United is going head to head with Newcastle United starting on 11 Sept 2021 at 14:00 UTC at Old Trafford stadium, Manchester city, England. The match is a part of the Premier League. Manchester United played against Newcastle United in 2 matches this season. Currently, Manchester United rank 13th, while Newcastle United hold 14th position. Looking to compare the best-rated player on both teams? rating system assigns each player a specific rating based on numerous data factors
The England striker helped the hosts overcome a stuttering start when he lashed in an 18th goal of the season by beating Karl Darlow at the near post after 30 minutes.
Allan Saint-Maximin then scored a deserved equaliser with his first goal since coming back from a two-month absence caused by coronavirus symptoms, slamming in after Harry Maguire failed to clear. The Newcastle winger threatened again early in the second half, but the game turned after 57 minutes when Daniel James re-established the lead.
That led to the visitors’ confidence draining away, with Rashford then earning a penalty as he drew a foul from Joe Willock before Bruno Fernandes knocked in his 22nd goal of the season. Defeat for Steve Bruce’s side was an eighth in 10 Premier League games, leaving them three points above the drop zone – and a relegation scrap with Fulham is now set to ensue.
For Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side, it was only a second win in six league matches, and a welcome victory after a draw at West Brom last weekend. But they remain 10 points behind leaders Manchester City, who beat Arsenal earlier on Sunday.
- Manchester United’s only defeat in their past 36 home league games against Newcastle was by 1-0 in December 2013 (W26, D9).
- Newcastle have opened the scoring in six of the eight most recent top-flight meetings but have gone on to win just two of those matches, losing the other four.
- The Reds have scored 108 Premier League goals versus Newcastle, their joint highest total against a particular opponent (alongside Everton).
- Manchester United have scored in 14 successive Premier League home games, netting 40 times in total.
- The Reds have lost just three of their previous 35 league matches (W21, D11).
- Cristiano Ronaldo is set to break the record for the longest gap between Premier League appearances. If he features against Newcastle it will be 12 years and 118 days since his last game in the English top flight versus Arsenal in May 2009.
- Ronaldo has scored 392 goals in 390 league appearances since leaving Old Trafford.
- Mason Greenwood is vying to become the fourth teenager to score in four consecutive Premier League appearances, emulating Robbie Fowler, Nicolas Anelka and Francis Jeffers.
- This will be Newcastle’s 1,000th Premier League match. They are the eighth club to reach the milestone.
- The Magpies have dropped five points in this season’s top flight, which is a joint high with Southampton.
- Newcastle have claimed one point from their opening three games – only in 1999, when they were pointless, have they made a worse start to a Premier League campaign.
- They have conceded a penalty in all three of their league matches this season.
- Steve Bruce’s solitary win in 26 attempts as a manager against Manchester United was Newcastle’s 1-0 home victory in a Premier League match in October 2019 (D5, L20).
- Bruce has lost 11 of his 12 away fixtures versus his former club during his managerial career, only avoiding defeat when his Sunderland side drew 2-2 at Old Trafford in October 2009.