Manchester United vs Watford LIVE Football Score 26 Feb 2022
About the match
Manchester United is going head to head with Watford starting on 26 Feb 2022 at 15:00 UTC at Old Trafford stadium, Manchester city, England. The match is a part of the Premier League.
Two sides desperate for three points for entirely different reasons prepare for battle at Old Trafford on Saturday, as Manchester United host Watford in the Premier League.
The Hornets’ 4-1 win over the Red Devils cost Ole Gunnar Solskjaer his job back in November, but significant changes have been made at both clubs since then.
With their spot in the top four of the Premier League table far from secure as Arsenal, West Ham United and Wolverhampton Wanderers bear down on them, Man United made a positive step towards trying to claim Champions League glory on Wednesday night.
Taking on Atletico Madrid in the first leg of their last-16 showdown, Ralf Rangnick’s side fell behind through Joao Felix’s header and could not break down the Diego Simeone-marshalled defence before the introduction of a certain teenager helped to restore parity.
Developing a reputation as a cool, calm and collected finisher, Anthony Elanga slotted past Jan Oblak to rescue a 1-1 draw and leave it all to play for in the second leg after producing a similar effort in an entertaining 4-2 victory over Leeds United a few days before.
The Elland Road victory has allowed Man United to maintain their fourth-placed ranking in the table, but Arsenal have cut the gap to just one point with victory over Wolves on Thursday evening, and it is now five games unbeaten for the Red Devils in all tournaments.
Furthermore, Man United have lost just one of their last 14 in the top flight and are aiming to make it three league wins on the bounce for the first time since the turn of the year, so not many will be placing bets on Watford springing any more surprises.
- Watford won the reverse fixture 4-1 and can beat Manchester United in consecutive league meetings for the first time.
- However, United have won 10 successive home matches against Watford in all competitions.
- Watford’s solitary away victory in 16 attempts at Old Trafford came in the League Cup third round in October 1978 (D3, L12). They could lose 10 consecutive top-flight away games against the same opponent for the first time.
- United’s only defeat in 14 league matches since sacking Ole Gunnar Solskjaer came at home to Wolves on 3 January (W8, D5).
- Nonetheless, they have already equalled last season’s tally of six Premier League defeats.
- The Red Devils can keep consecutive Premier League home clean sheets for the first time since November to December 2020.
- Cristiano Ronaldo has only scored one goal in nine appearances in all competitions in 2022.
- Bruno Fernandes has scored in successive league fixtures and now has 49 goals in 114 appearances for Manchester United in all competitions. The first of those goals was a penalty in a 3-0 Premier League home win against Watford on 23 February 2020.
- The Hornets have only earned five points from their past 13 matches, with their solitary victory during that time coming away against Aston Villa last weekend.
- They can win successive Premier League away games for the first time since taking maximum points from their opening three away fixtures of the 2017-18 season.
- Watford’s six most recent Premier League away wins were under six different managers: Javi Gracia, Quique Sanchez Flores, Nigel Pearson, Xisco Munoz, Claudio Ranieri and Roy Hodgson.
- Watford are vying to become the first side to lose as many as 17 of their opening 25 top-flight fixtures and still avoid relegation.
- They have failed to scored more than once in any of their past 12 league games.
- Joshua King has scored in each of his last three Premier League starts against Manchester United, where he started his career.
- Hodgson won his two most recent Premier League matches at Old Trafford, both for Crystal Palace: 2-1 in August 2019 and 3-1 in September 2020.
My Manchester United XI
Choose your Manchester United formation and starting line-up. It’s up to you how to approach it – you could go for the team you WANT the boss to pick or the one you THINK he will.
My Watford XI
Choose your Watford starting formation and line-up. It’s up to you how to approach it – you could go for the team you WANT the boss to pick or the one you THINK he will.