Manchester United vs Norwich City LIVE Football Score 16 Apr 2022
About the match
Manchester United is going head to head with Norwich City starting on 16 Apr 2022 at 14:00 UTC at Old Trafford stadium, Manchester city, England. The match is a part of the Premier League. Manchester United will be bidding to return to winning ways in the Premier League when they welcome basement side Norwich City to Old Trafford on Saturday afternoon.The Red Devils are currently seventh in the table, six points behind fourth-placed Tottenham Hotspur, while Norwich sit bottom, seven points behind 17th-placed Everton, who have a game in hand.
Man United’s hopes of claiming a top-four finish in the Premier League this season suffered a huge blow last weekend when they lost 1-0 at struggling Everton, with the result leaving them in seventh spot in the division, six points behind fourth-placed Tottenham on the same number of matches (31).Ralf Rangnick’s side will also need to finish above Arsenal and West Ham United if they are to claim a top-four position, while they are only two points clear of eighth-placed Wolverhampton Wanderers, so it is not impossible to imagine them missing out on European football altogether for next season.
- Manchester United have won 21 of the past 25 meetings in all competitions, including each of the last five.
- A 16th Premier League defeat for Norwich in this fixture would represent their worst record in the division against another team.
- Norwich have lost 4-0 in four of their five most recent away games against United. Their only victory in the last 12 trips to Old Trafford was 2-1 in the Premier League in December 2015.
- United have won only three of their past 12 matches in all competitions.
- They are guaranteed to fall short of last season’s final tally of 74 points; the maximum United can achieve is 72.
- The Red Devils have dropped points in five of their seven league games this season against teams currently in the bottom four of the table (W2, D3, L2).
- However, their only defeat in 10 home league fixtures since Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was sacked as manager came against Wolves in January (W6, D3).
- Marcus Rashford has gone 15 starts in a row without scoring for United across all competitions.
- Harry Maguire is one short of 200 Premier League appearances. He has played 98 times in the division for Manchester United.
- Norwich have 21 points with seven games remaining. The fewest points a team has had after 31 matches of a Premier League season and avoided relegation is 23 by Fulham in 2007-08.
- The Canaries have lost all 11 league matches this season against the teams currently in the top seven of the table, conceding 37 goals.
- They are one short of 100 Premier League wins.
- Norwich’s two Premier League away victories in 2021-22 came against fellow promoted teams Brentford and Watford.
- They can keep three consecutive top-flight clean sheets for the first time since November 2012.
- Dean Smith is vying to become the first manager to beat Manchester United with different teams in the same Premier League season. His Villa side triumphed 1-0 at Old Trafford in September.
My Manchester United XI
Choose your Manchester United formation and starting line-up. It’s up to you how to approach it – you could go for the team you WANT the boss to pick or the one you THINK he will.
My Norwich XI
Choose your Norwich formation and starting line-up. It’s up to you how to approach it – you could go for the team you WANT the boss to pick or the one you THINK he will.