Manchester United vs Newcastle LIVE Football Match Score 27 Dec 2021
About the match
Newcastle United is going head to head with Manchester United starting on 27 Dec 2021 at 20:00 UTC at St James’ Park stadium, Newcastle upon Tyne city, England. The match is a part of the Premier League.
Varane could slot straight back in for Harry Maguire if he is deemed fit enough, but Diogo Dalot will have no intention of dropping out for Wan-Bissaka just yet.
Newcastle United have no cases of coronavirus among their squad, with Emil Krafth and Javier Manquillo back in contention following illness.
Isaac Hayden is suspended, while Federico Fernandez, Paul Dummett and Jamal Lewis remain out.
- This is the 150th top-flight meeting, with Manchester United seeking to match their club record of five successive league wins against Newcastle.
- The Magpies have won just three of the past 17 Premier League encounters, all by a 1-0 scoreline.
- Newcastle have lost 10 Premier League games against Manchester United after scoring the opening goal – equalling the competition record against a single opponent.
- This is the first time Newcastle have spent Christmas Day in the relegation zone.
- Newcastle have won just one of their seven games under head coach Eddie Howe, losing the last three in a row.
- They have conceded 79 league goals in 2021 – the joint most of any Premier League team in a calendar year, along with Ipswich Town in 1994. The last top-flight team to concede more over the course of a year was West Bromwich Albion, who let in 87 goals in 1985.
- The Magpies have let in 41 goals, their most after 18 games of a season since 1960 when they went on to be relegated from the top flight.
- Newcastle have dropped a league-high 17 points from winning positions this season.
- Newcastle have lost all 10 Premier League matches this campaign against teams in the top half of the table, in contrast to eight games unbeaten versus clubs in the bottom half.
- They have lost 21 Premier League games in 2021, a joint-league high alongside Southampton prior to Boxing Day. Another loss would equal the club top-flight record in a calendar year.
- Joe Willock has failed to score in all 16 appearances this season, having scored eight in 14 matches in 2020-21.
- Manchester United have won 1-0 in their two league games so far under manager Ralf Rangnick. He can become the first United boss to keep a clean sheet in his opening three league fixtures.
- United are one short of becoming the first club to record 300 Premier League away victories.
- They are the only club not to have scored in the opening 15 minutes of a Premier League match this season.
- The Red Devils have not scored a set-piece goal (excluding penalties) since 18 April.
- Cristiano Ronaldo has scored seven Premier League goals against Newcastle, all coming in his past four league appearances against them.
- Marcus Rashford has been directly involved in a career-best seven goals against Newcastle, scoring four and assisting three in seven Premier League games.
My Newcastle United XI
Choose your Newcastle United starting formation and line-up. It’s up to you how to approach it – you could go for the team you WANT the boss to pick or the one you THINK he will.
My Manchester United XI
Choose your Manchester United formation and starting line-up. It’s up to you how to approach it – you could go for the team you WANT the boss to pick or the one you THINK he will.
Newcastle United possible starting lineup:
Dubravka; Murphy, Lascelles, Schar, Ritchie; Almiron, Longstaff, Willock, Joelinton; Wilson, Saint-Maximin
Manchester United possible starting lineup:
De Gea; Dalot, Varane, Maguire, Telles; Fred, McTominay; Sancho, Fernandes; Ronaldo, Rashford
Leave a Reply