Manchester United VS Liverpool Live Football Score 2 May 2021
Manchester United is going head to head with Liverpool starting on 2 May 2021 at 15:30 UTC at Old Trafford stadium, Manchester city, England. The match is a part of the Premier League. Manchester United played against Liverpool in 2 matches this season. Currently, Manchester United rank 2nd, while Liverpool hold 6th position. Looking to compare the best-rated player on both teams? rating system assigns each player a specific rating based on numerous data factors.
Liverpool have already been mathematically dethroned as champions, but the coronation of Manchester City could be officially confirmed this weekend, with Liverpool themselves completing the deal. Victory for Man City away to Crystal Palace on Saturday would leave Manchester United needing to avoid defeat in this match to prevent their local rivals from being crowned champions with four games to spare. City’s success is a formality at this stage, and these two sides will instead be focused on the impact this match could have on their respective top-four hopes.
Man Utd were outstanding in the second half against Roma, they’ve got goals in the team. When you watch them play, there’s lots of areas from which they can score. Solskjaer would’ve been a bit worried at half-time from what he saw with the two away goals, but to score five times in the second half has put the semi-final to bed. He could even possibly rest players in the second leg. I wouldn’t say it was something I expected, but we’ve seen so often how they have come back from losing positions this season.
- Manchester United have lost just one of their past 15 home games against Liverpool in all competitions (W10, D4), and are unbeaten in the previous eight.
- Home and away, United have won just one of the past nine league meetings (D6, L2).
- There have been 175 league games between these sides, with the most common outcome a 0-0 draw (which has happened 20 times).
- If United avoid defeat in a 14th consecutive league game they will equal their longest unbeaten run under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, set in their final 14 matches last season.
- The Red Devils are vying to win five consecutive top-flight home fixtures for the first time since March 2018.
- Manchester United have recorded seven goalless draws in the Premier League this season, their highest top-flight total for 40 years, and more than any other club in one of the top five European leagues prior to the latest round of matches.
- Harry Maguire could become the first player to complete 90 minutes in 72 consecutive Premier League matches for Manchester United, breaking the record set by Gary Pallister between 1993 and 1995.
- Marcus Rashford has scored four goals in his last four league and cup home appearances against Liverpool.
- Liverpool have won five of their past seven away league games, more victories than in their previous 15 matches on the road (W4, D6, L5).
- The Merseysiders have dropped 15 points from winning positions this term, the fourth highest total in the top flight prior to the latest round of matches.
- They are winless in all six of their matches away to Manchester United under Jurgen Klopp (D4, L2).
- Mohamed Salah can become the first Liverpool player to score away to Manchester United in two games within the same season since Harry Chambers 100 years ago.
- Roberto Firmino has scored just once in 14 matches versus United, while Sadio Mane has one goal in 11 games against them.