Manchester United vs Leeds Premier League LIVE Football Score 25 April 2021
Plenty of goals look set to be on the cards when Leeds United host rivals Manchester United at Elland Road in the Premier League on Sunday afternoon. The Red Devils recorded a stunning 6-2 win when the sides met at Old Trafford back in December, effectively putting the game to bed with three strikes inside 20 minutes.
Bruno Fernandes made it 3-0 that day before also netting later on to take the score to 6-1 and is bet365’s 13/10 (2.30) favourite to increase his top-flight tally this season to 17 goals. Edinson Cavani looks set to start up-front after scoring in each of his last three games for Man Utd and may be a popular selection at 13/10 (2.30) to make it four in a row.
It has not been the most fruitful of seasons for Mason Greenwood so far but he will be high in confidence after a double against Burnley last time out and is 13/10 (2.30) to net again.Marcus Rashford has tallied 20 goals for United this campaign, just three short of his best ever return, and is priced at 13/10 (2.30) with bet365.
Two of Scott McTominay’s four Premier League goals this season came in the reverse fixture when he struck twice inside the opening three minutes and is a 5/1 (6.0) shot to strike yet again. For Leeds, it is no surprise to see Patrick Bamford at 6/4 (2.50) to score anytime and add to his 14 goals this season, although just one of those has come in the last seven games.
- This will be their first Premier League meeting at Elland Road since October 2003.
- Leeds’ last victory over Manchester United in the Premier League was 1-0 at home in September 2002.
- Leeds could go six consecutive Premier League matches unbeaten for the first time since 2002.
- That unbeaten run was halted by a 4-3 home defeat to Manchester United, which included two goals from Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.
- They have lost just once at home in their past six league games (W3, D2).
- Diego Llorente’s equaliser against Liverpool on Monday night was the 100th goal to be scored in a Leeds Premier League game this season. They have both scored and conceded 50.
- Stuart Dallas has scored against Manchester City and Manchester United this season. The last Leeds player to score in three separate matches against the Manchester clubs in one season was Peter Lorimer in 1971-72.
- Manchester United have earned five straight league victories for the first time since winning Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s first six games in charge between December 2018 and January 2019.
- Their club record run of 23 away matches without defeat in the Premier League is only bettered in top-flight history by Arsenal, who managed 27 between April 2003 and September 2004.
- United’s 12-match unbeaten league streak is currently the longest in the division, followed by Leeds’ five games.
- This will be Solskjaer’s 300th league fixture as a manager. He has won 152 of his 299 games so far.
- Paul Pogba’s senior club debut was at Elland Road in a 3-0 League Cup win in September 2011.
- Mason Greenwood could become the first teenager to score in four consecutive Premier League appearances since Francis Jeffers in 2000.