manchester united vs brighton Premier League LIVE Football Score 4 April 2021
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has a massive decision on his hands regarding who starts in goal. Should he put David de Gea back in goal then Dean Henderson will almost certainly leave in the summer.
- Marcus Rashford and Mason Greenwood trained on Friday and should make the squad to face Brighton but Anthony Martial looks set to miss out. Edinson Cavani could make his first start in a month here as a result of niggling injuries to other forwards.
- Paul Pogba got some valuable minutes for the French national team at the weekend. He could line up on the left wing here if Rashford is not fit to start or take Scott McTominay’s place in midfield, as the Scottish international featured heavily during the break for country.
- Victor Lindelof, who has been managing back problems all season, didn’t train along with Martial on Friday. Eric Bailly is on standby after proving his fitness for the Ivory Coast during the international break.
- The international break came at the right time for Manchester United and the wrong time for Brighton. United had just been knocked out of the FA Cup by Leicester after a gruelling run of fixtures, while Brighton had won back-to-back league games for only the second time this season. The concern for Graham Potter will be whether the break has killed Brighton’s momentum.
- Brighton gave United hell in the reverse fixture back in September and certainly didn’t deserve to lose 3-2 so Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side can expect another tough game here. With some of their rivals playing each other this weekend and set to drop points, this is a massive opportunity for United to consolidate a top four position.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer says he will continue to chop and change goalkeepers for the rest of the season as David de Gea and Dean Henderson battle to be Manchester United’s number one.
Henderson has been mainly used as cup goalkeeper since returning to the club in the summer but started the last six matches after De Gea returned to Spain for the birth of his first child.
The long-serving number one last played on February 28 and Solskjaer refused to confirm his starter against Brighton.
In terms of injuries, Anthony Martial may be out against Brighton with a reported knee issue picked up on France duty, while Marcus Rashford and Mason Greenwood pulled out of the England senior and U21 squads respectively.
Jones Knows prediction
This fixture won’t be one Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is relishing. Brighton are a dangerous team. The unpredictability factor is hard to prepare for.
However, Graham Potter’s team aren’t one to trust at getting the job done.
Instead of taking the odds-on quotes for a home win, my advice would be to chance your arm with United to win by one goal in the winning margin market. This weekend could prove to be a problematic one for managers who have had lots of players away playing international football, some will have played three games in six days. That brings forward the possibility of workmanlike performances from teams such as United, who do have a habit of settling for a one-goal margin of victory as seen in their previous two wins over West Ham and AC Milan.