Manchester United vs Brentford Premier League LIVE Football Score 19 Jan 2022
About the match
Brentford is going head to head with Manchester United starting on 19 Jan 2022 at 20:00 UTC at Brentford Community Stadium stadium, London city, England. The match is a part of the Premier League.
Manchester United will be looking to give their Premier League top-four hopes a boost when they make the trip to West London to face Brentford on Wednesday night.
The Red Devils are currently seventh in the table, five points behind fourth-placed West Ham United, while Brentford occupy 14th position, 10 points clear of the relegation zone.
Brentford have won five, drawn nine and lost 10 of their 21 Premier League matches this season to collect 23 points, which has left them in 14th position in the table, 10 points clear of 18th-placed Norwich City on the same number of games.
The Bees won back-to-back games against Aston Villa and Port Vale in the league and FA Cup earlier this month but have lost their last two against Southampton and Liverpool in England’s top flight, conceding seven times in the process and scoring just once.
The Brentford Community Stadium should be bouncing on Wednesday, as Thomas Frank’s side go in search of their seventh Premier League victory of the season, and they have already recorded four wins in front of their own supporters in the league this term, with three of those victories coming in their last four at home.
Brentford have not beaten Man United since 1938, but Wednesday’s contest will be their first clash in the league since 1947, when the two sides played out a goalless draw.
The Bees have shown that they are more than capable of competing at this level, and Frank’s side are only two points behind 10th-placed Leicester City, although the Foxes have only played 18 matches in the Premier League this term.
- This is the first meeting since Manchester United won a League Cup second-round tie at Old Trafford in September 1975.
- United’s 4-1 home win in 1946 (played at Maine Road) is the most recent league encounter between the two clubs.
- Brentford’s 2-0 home triumph in the FA Cup fifth round on 12 February 1938 is their last victory versus United.
- Brentford begin this match 14th in the Premier League table on 23 points. In terms of expected goals, the Bees would be seventh in the table on 30 points.
- They have lost four of their past five league fixtures.
- However, the Bees have triumphed in three of their last four Premier League home games, having won only one of their first six at the Brentford Community Stadium.
- Brentford have conceded a league-high 21 first-half goals. They have let in the opening goal in 13 of their past 14 league matches.
- Their last 10 Premier League goals were scored by 10 different players, including a Jamaal Lascelles own goal.
- Manchester United’s solitary defeat in 11 matches in all competitions since Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was sacked came at home to Wolves in the Premier League on 3 January.
- United are one short of becoming the first club to record 300 Premier League away victories.
- The Red Devils are one of two clubs, along with Leicester City, to have scored in all of their Premier League away games this season.
- However, United have dropped points in five of their past seven away league fixtures. This directly followed their English league record run of 29 successive away matches unbeaten.
- Midfielder Bruno Fernandes could score in back-to-back matches for the first time in 11 months.
My Brentford XI
Choose your Brentford starting formation and line-up. It’s up to you how to approach it – you could go for the team you WANT the boss to pick or the one you THINK he will.
My Manchester United XI
Choose your Manchester United formation and starting line-up. It’s up to you how to approach it – you could go for the team you WANT the boss to pick or the one you THINK he will.
Leave a Reply