Manchester United vs Aston Villa Live Football Score 9 May 2021
NAME: Aston Villa – Manchester United
DATE: 9 May 2021
TIME: 13:05 UTC
VENUE: Villa Park, Birmingham, England
Aston Villa is going head to head with Manchester United starting on 9 May 2021 at 13:05 UTC at Villa Park stadium, Birmingham city, England. The match is a part of the Premier League. Aston Villa played against Manchester United in 2 matches this season. Currently, Aston Villa rank 10th, while Manchester United hold 2nd position. Looking to compare the best-rated player on both teams? rating system assigns each player a specific rating based on numerous data factors.
- Manchester United are unbeaten in their last 21 Premier League away games against Aston Villa since a 3-1 loss on the opening day of the 1995-96 campaign. It’s the longest unbeaten away run one side has had against another in English top-flight history.
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was in the last Manchester United team to lose a game at Villa Park when they were beaten 3-0 in a League Cup third-round clash in 1999.
- Aston Villa have earned just one victory in the past 44 Premier League meetings and are winless in their last 16 against United since a 1-0 triumph at Old Trafford in December 2009.
- Villa have lost nine Premier League matches in 2021 – only three sides have fared worse. The Villans lost only four of their 14 league fixtures this season before the turn of the year.
- They are aiming to win consecutive league games for the first time since December.
- They’ve not beaten a team in the Premier League’s top two since a 1-0 win over Chelsea in March 2014, drawing three and losing nine of their subsequent 12 attempts.
- Only Chelsea and Manchester City have kept more Premier League clean sheets this season than the 14 by Villa. However, no top-flight side is on a longer current run of matches without a clean sheet as Villa’s seven.
- Ollie Watkins is one shy of equalling the club record for the most Premier League goals scored by an Englishman in a season: 14, set by Julian Joachim in 1998-99.
- Watkins’ seven Premier League goals against established top-six opponents is the most by any player this season.
- Manchester United are unbeaten in 24 Premier League away games (W15, D9), just three short of Arsenal’s top-flight record set between April 2003 and September 2004.
- The only two clubs to have remained unbeaten in all top-flight away matches in a season are Preston North End in 1888-89 and Arsenal in both 2001-02 and 2003-04.
- The last team to do it in one of Europe’s top five leagues was Bayern Munich in 2012-13.
- United have only lost one of their past 27 Premier League matches (W17, D9).
- Bruno Fernandes has scored in both of his Premier League appearances against Aston Villa. Both were from the penalty spot, and both ended up being the winning goal.
Fresh from booking their place in the final of the Europa League, Manchester United begin a hectic schedule of three Premier League games in the space of just five days when they face Aston Villa on Sunday. Victory would effectively secure a top-four spot for the Red Devils, while Aston Villa are looking for back-to-back top-flight wins for the first time this calendar year. The contempt for the Glazers, and the desire for them to sell up, has arguably reached breaking point, although so far the most tangible outcome of their protests has been a fixture pile-up for the team.
Manchester United’s place in the Champions League next season is virtually guaranteed but a win against Aston Villa would still be another step to confirming their place. Ole Gunnar Solskjær’s side will be in high spirits after cruising into the Europa League final but the manager will implore his side to maintain their momentum as he eyes a first trophy since taking charge at Old Trafford. Dean Smith will want the exact the same after a great win against Everton while Villa’s Tyrone Mings, Ezri Konsa and Ollie Watkins will be eager to keep impressing Gareth Southgate to make England’s squad for the European Championship this summer.