Manchester City vs Leeds United LIVE Football Score 30 Apr 2022
About the match
Leeds United is going head to head with Manchester City starting on 30 Apr 2022 at 16:30 UTC at Elland Road stadium, Leeds city, England. The match is a part of the Premier League.
Manchester City will be looking to remain in the driving seat for the Premier League title when they travel to Elland Road to face Leeds United on Saturday evening.
The Citizens came out on top in a seven-goal thriller against Real Madrid in the Champions League semi-finals in midweek, while the Whites played out a goalless draw away at Crystal Palace on Monday.
- Leeds have not lost a Premier League home game against Manchester City since a 2-1 defeat on 5 September 2000.
- They have been beaten in just two of their previous nine home league matches versus City (W6, D1).
- Manchester City are vying to complete a league double against Leeds for the first time since 1981-82, a season that saw the Whites relegated from the top flight.
- Leeds are winless in six home league matches against reigning top-flight champions (D2, L4) since beating Arsenal 1-0 in May 1999 – a victory that effectively cost the Gunners the title that season.
- They are looking to record three consecutive top-flight clean sheets for the first time since August 2002. The third game of that sequence was a 3-0 home win against Manchester City.
- The Yorkshire club have failed to keep a clean sheet in each of their last nine Premier League home fixtures.
- After taking one point out of a possible 24, Leeds are unbeaten in five games under Jesse Marsch (W3, D2).
- They last went six matches without defeat in March and April last year, a run which included a 2-1 victory against Manchester City.
- The reigning champions can claim three consecutive Premier League victories for the first time in 2022 (their 12-match winning streak ended in January, but only two of those wins came in the current calendar year).
- Manchester City’s only away league loss this season was a 1-0 defeat at Tottenham on the opening weekend. They have won 12 and drawn three of 15 matches on the road since then.
- City are aiming to record five consecutive clean sheets in away league games for the first time in their history.
- Kevin de Bruyne has been involved in eight goals in his last six Premier League appearances, scoring four and assisting four.
- Riyad Mahrez has been involved in 12 goals in his last nine league games, scoring eight and assisting four more.
- Gabriel Jesus has scored six goals in his last five games for City, equalling his total from his previous 28 appearances.
My Manchester City XI
Choose your Manchester City starting formation and line-up. It’s up to you how to approach it – you could go for the team you WANT the boss to pick or the one you THINK he will.
My Leeds United XI
Choose your Leeds United formation and starting line-up. It’s up to you how to approach it – you could go for the team you WANT the boss to pick or the one you THINK he will.
Leeds United possible starting lineup:
Meslier; Ayling, Llorente, Cooper, Dallas; Klich, Phillips; Raphinha, Rodrigo, Harrison; James
Manchester City possible starting lineup:
Ederson; Cancelo, Dias, Laporte, Zinchenko; Gundogan, Rodri, De Bruyne; Jesus, Sterling, Grealish