Manchester City vs Chelsea Live Football Score 8 May 2021
NAME: Manchester City – Chelsea
DATE: 8 May 2021
TIME: 16:30 UTC
VENUE: Etihad Stadium, Manchester, England
Manchester City is going head to head with Chelsea starting on 8 May 2021 at 16:30 UTC at Etihad Stadium stadium, Manchester city, England. The match is a part of the Premier League. Manchester City played against Chelsea in 2 matches this season. Currently, Manchester City rank 1st, while Chelsea hold 4th position. Looking to compare the best-rated player on both teams? rating system assigns each player a specific rating based on numerous data factors.
Chelsea and Man City lock horns for the third time this season with the Champions League final still to come at the end of the month. Pep Guardiola’s side won the reverse fixture 3-1 at Stamford Bridge in January, with goals coming from Ilkay Gundogan, Phil Foden and Kevin De Bruyne. Callum Hudson-Odoi scored our consolation in stoppage time. Chelsea won the FA Cup semi-final last month with Hakim Ziyech scoring the only goal.
- Manchester City have lost to Chelsea in 26 Premier League matches, more often than against any other team.
- However, Chelsea have lost nine of their past 12 fixtures at Etihad Stadium in all competitions – including on each of their past three league visits.
- Chelsea haven’t lost four successive Premier League away games against the same opponent since it happened against Manchester City from 2009 to 2013.
- None of the past 11 Premier League meetings have finished level, with Manchester City winning seven to Chelsea’s four.
- City have won 20 of their past 22 Premier League matches. The 60 points they have earned during this run is only one fewer than Chelsea have managed all season.
- They are only one point shy of last season’s final tally of 80.
- Manchester City have lost two of their past three home league games and could suffer consecutive top-flight defeats at the Etihad Stadium for the first time since February 2016.
- A team managed by Pep Guardiola has never lost successive top-flight home fixtures. This is his 221st top-flight home match as a manager.
- City can concede multiple goals in four consecutive top-flight games at home for the first time since October to December 1978.
- A third Premier League trophy would put Guardiola level alongside Arsene Wenger and Jose Mourinho as the non-British managers to win the most English top-flight titles.
- Sergio Aguero is one short of equalling the Premier League record for most goals for a single club: 183 by Wayne Rooney for Manchester United.
- Aguero is the leading Premier League goalscorer against Chelsea, with 10 goals.
- Kevin de Bruyne has scored in three successive league matches against Chelsea.
- Thomas Tuchel is the first manager to oversee 11 clean sheets in his first 15 Premier League matches in charge.
- Chelsea are vying to win three league games in a row without conceding for the first time since November 2017.
- The Blues are unbeaten in their 11 away matches in all competitions under Tuchel, conceding just four goals (W8, D3).
- They can go 12 consecutive away fixtures without defeat for the first time since a run of 15 from April to November 2014 under Jose Mourinho.
- Chelsea are winless in all four league games in 2020-21 against the three teams currently above them in the table, managing just two points and one goal.
- All eight of Kai Havertz’s goals for Chelsea in all competitions have been scored in London, including seven at Stamford Bridge.
In a dress rehearsal for the upcoming all-English Champions League final, Manchester City host Chelsea in Saturday’s Premier League showdown at the Etihad Stadium. Pep Guardiola’s men booked their tickets to Istanbul with a 4-1 aggregate victory over last year’s runners-up Paris Saint-Germain, while Chelsea beat Real Madrid 3-1 over two legs to set up a European battle with their counterparts. A win here for City would also confirm their status as Premier League champions, while Chelsea are still embroiled in a fight for a top-four finish.