Manchester City Vs Bournemouth LIVE Football Score 13 Aug 2022
ABOUT THE MATCH
Manchester City is going head to head with AFC Bournemouth starting on 13 Aug 2022 at 14:00 UTC at Etihad Stadium stadium, Manchester city, England. The match is a part of the Premier League.
- Manchester City’s record of 10 victories from 10 top-flight matches against Bournemouth is the best 100%-winning ratio in Premier League history.
- Bournemouth are winless in all 16 league meetings with Manchester City (D2, L14). That is the joint most that one side has faced another without winning in English league history, level with Halifax Town against Cardiff City, and Wrexham versus Crystal Palace.
- The Cherries have led for a total of just eight minutes in those 16 league meetings, when Charlie Daniels briefly put them ahead in August 2017.
- Manchester City have only lost their opening home league game in one of the past 22 seasons, which was a 5-2 loss against Leicester in 2020-21. Their last four opening home league matches have produced 23 goals at an average of 5.8 per game.
- City have scored at least twice in each of their past 10 Premier League fixtures. They are responsible for four of the 13 occasions that a team has been on such a run.
- At Borussia Dortmund, Erling Haaland scored nine goals in his five Bundesliga home appearances against promoted opposition, averaging a goal every 41 minutes.
- Guardiola has lost only three of his 73 Premier League matches in charge of Manchester City against English managers.
- Bournemouth are looking to become only the fourth promoted team to win their opening two fixtures of a Premier League season, emulating Bolton (2001-02), Hull (2016-17) and Huddersfield (2017-18).
- They have won two of their five Premier League away games against the current reigning champions, although both of their defeats in such games have been against Manchester City.
- Scott Parker could become the first manager in top-flight history to win away at the reigning champions with two different promoted clubs, having done so with Fulham against Liverpool in 2020-21.
- However, he has lost all four of his managerial meetings with Manchester City in all competitions, which all came with Fulham between 2019 and 2021.
My Manchester City line-up
Predict Manchester City’s starting XI for their next fixture – remember you can change the formation!
My Bournemouth line-up
Predict Bournemouth’s starting XI for their next fixture – remember you can change the formation!
As for Bournemouth, Parker has ruled Joe Rothwell and Ryan Fredericks out of the contest with the champions, and the duo are still some weeks away from a return to competitive action.
David Brooks also remains on the comeback trail after his stage 2 Hodgkin lymphoma diagnosis last year and subsequent recovery, and Parker must decide whether to throw Neto and Senesi straight into the action in the most difficult domestic fixture of them all.
Parker may want to ease the duo into Premier League football from the substitutes bench, which would therefore see Mark Travers start in goal at the Etihad.
Manchester City possible starting lineup:
Ederson; Walker, Dias, Stones, Cancelo; Gundogan, Rodri, De Bruyne; Foden, Haaland, Grealish
Bournemouth possible starting lineup:
Travers; Smith, Kelly, Mepham, Lerma, Zemura; Tavernier, Pearson, Billing, Solanke; Moore