Liverpool vs West Brom LIVE Footabll Score 16 May 2021
ABOUT THE MATCH
West Bromwich Albion is going head to head with Liverpool starting on 16 May 2021 at 15:30 UTC at The Hawthorns stadium, West Bromwich city, England. The match is a part of the Premier League.
Champions Liverpool will be looking to maintain their lead at the top of the Premier League table when they host struggling West Bromwich Albion at Anfield on Sunday. The Reds are four points clear at the summit following last weekend’s 7-0 hammering of Crystal Palace, but in Sam Allardyce they face the last visiting manager to come away with a league victory at Anfield.
April 23, 2017 was the last time Liverpool lost a league game at home; 1,344 days – three years and eight months – and 66 matches have passed since then, and on Sunday Allardyce will look to repeat the achievement.Allardyce was in charge of Crystal Palace that day but finds himself with a much bigger task bringing West Brom to Anfield off the back of a 3-0 home defeat at the hands of Aston Villa in his first match at the helm.
Liverpool’s last three games of the season are all winnable – this one, then Burnley away and Crystal Palace at home.
But the reason the Reds are outside of the top four is because they have been dropping points against teams they should beat.
West Brom’s relegation last weekend should help Jurgen Klopp’s side on Sunday, though.
Yes, I know you could argue that the pressure is off the Baggies now, and they can play with a bit of freedom.
From Liverpool’s point of view, though, I’d much rather be facing a team that has just gone down rather than be in a scenario where West Brom are still fighting hard to survive.
- Six of the past eight Premier League meetings have ended in a draw, with Liverpool winning the other two during the 2016-17 season.
- The Reds are unbeaten in 11 Premier League matches against West Brom (W4, D7).
- In this season’s reverse fixture at Anfield, West Brom completed just 121 passes – 23 fewer than Liverpool captain Jordan Henderson.
West Bromwich Albion
- West Brom were beaten in their first four home league matches under Sam Allardyce by an aggregate score of 17-0 but have lost just one of their subsequent seven, conceding five times.
- Their most recent win at The Hawthorns over a reigning top-flight champion was in 1980-81 against Liverpool. They have lost their last 17 by an aggregate score of 44-9.
- Albion could lose a 20th league game in a season for the first time since 2008-09.
- Matheus Pereira has scored five goals in his past six appearances for the Baggies.
- Sam Allardyce is unbeaten in his past five Premier League meetings with Liverpool (W1, D4). The last manager to go six unbeaten against the Reds was Tony Pulis during an eight-match streak between 2011 and 2016.
- Liverpool are unbeaten in seven league matches, the best current run in the division (W5, D2). The Reds had lost six of their previous seven league games.
- Jurgen Klopp’s side have won six of their past eight away league fixtures (D1, L1).
- The Reds have won only two of their 10 Premier League games this season against teams who begin this weekend in the bottom six of the table (D5, L3). Both victories were against Sheffield United.
- Mohamed Salah has scored 12 of his 21 league goals this season away from home. Last season only four of his 19 were not at Anfield.