Liverpool vs Southampton Live Football Score 8 May 2021
NAME: Liverpool – Southampton
DATE: 8 May 2021
TIME: 19:15 UTC
VENUE: Anfield, Liverpool, England
Liverpool is going head to head with Southampton starting on 8 May 2021 at 19:15 UTC at Anfield stadium, Liverpool city, England. The match is a part of the Premier League. Liverpool played against Southampton in 2 matches this season. Currently, Liverpool rank 7th, while Southampton hold 15th position. Looking to compare the best-rated player on both teams? rating system assigns each player a specific rating based on numerous data factors.
- Southampton’s 1-0 victory in January’s reverse fixture ended their six-match losing streak against Liverpool in the league.
- Saints can complete the league double over Liverpool for only the third time, having done so in 1960-61 and 2003-04.
- Liverpool are unbeaten in the past six league meetings at Anfield, winning the last three by an aggregate score of 10-0.
- The Reds have lost more league and cup matches in 2021 than they have won (W9, L10).
- They have suffered six top-flight home defeats in a season for the first time in 67 years. Liverpool haven’t lost seven at home since 1937-38.
- Liverpool’s solitary victory in their past 10 league games at Anfield came against Aston Villa courtesy of Trent Alexander-Arnold’s stoppage-time goal.
- They could equal the club record of nine Premier League home fixtures without a clean sheet, set in 1996 and matched in 1999.
- It’s nine league defeats so far for the reigning champions in 2020-21. They most recently lost 10 times in a season in 2015-16, when Jürgen Klopp replaced Brendan Rodgers as manager in October.
- Mo Salah has scored seven goals in seven Premier League appearances against Southampton, including five times in three matches at Anfield.
- Klopp is one short of 100 wins at Anfield as Liverpool manager in all competitions (W99, D35, L17).
- Saints have earned the fewest points (11) and conceded the most goals (40) in the Premier League this calendar year.
- They have dropped a league-high 23 points from winning positions in the division this season.
- It’s eight defeats in the past nine Premier League away fixtures for Ralph Hasenhuttl’s side.
- Southampton can win both top-flight games against the reigning champions in a season for the first time.
- They are winless in the past seven league matches when Danny Ings did not play, drawing three and losing four.
Liverpool will be looking to make up some lost ground and boost their chances of qualifying for the top four when they host Southampton in the Premier League on Saturday evening. The Reds have won just one of their last five games in all competitions, drawing the last three in succession, and they face a Saints side who are looking to complete the league double against them for just the third time in their history, previously doing so in 1960-61 and 2003-04.
Southampton will have defender Jannik Vestergaard available after the club were successful in an appeal against his red card during the 1-1 draw with Leicester. Forward Danny Ings misses out against his former club because of a hamstring problem, while on-loan Takumi Minamino is not eligible for the game. Midfielder Oriol Romeu (ankle) is stepping up his recovery, while forward Michael Obafemi has also returned to some training following surgery on a muscular injury.