Liverpool vs Real Madrid – LIVE Reddit Score 14 April 2021
Liverpool vs Real Madrid: Match details
Match: Liverpool vs Real Madrid
Competition: UEFA Champions League
Date: April 14, 2021
Kick-off time: 8:00 pm, April 14, 2021 (UK time)
Liverpool require another Champions League miracle at Anfield on Wednesday to stand any chance of advancing to the last four. The Reds were beaten 3-1 in the first-leg by Real Madrid leaving them with a lot of work to do. Zinedine Zidane’s side dominated the first-leg at the Estadio Alfredo Di Stefano with Vinícius Júnior netting a brace. Los Blancos looking to be heading back into form as they were also 2-1 winners in Saturday’s El Classico.
Two teams with fantastic history in the Champions League lock horns for the 2nd leg of their quarter-final tie, and it’s Real Madrid that hold the advantage. Liverpool find themselves 3-1 down and know they must attack their guests from the outset to get back into this tie and we’re expecting another exciting, end-to-end 90-minutes between the pair. Read on to find out all our predictions and betting tips for Liverpool vs Real Madrid in the Champions League.
The Liverpool faithful will be praying that lightning strikes twice against Spanish opposition at Anfield this week when Real Madrid pay a visit for the second leg of their Champions League quarter-final clash on Wednesday. Los Blancos travel to Merseyside boasting a 3-1 lead from the first leg in Madrid, where Vinicius Junior bagged a brace and Marco Asensio capitalised on a defensive error to put the visitors firmly in control. Both sides also claimed vital league wins by the slenderest of margins at the weekend, as Liverpool ended their wretched home run with a 2-1 win over Aston Villa while Real Madrid came out on top in El Clasico by the same scoreline.
- After winning their first three meetings with Real Madrid in European competition, Liverpool have lost each of their last four against them.
- This will be Real Madrid’s third visit to Anfield to face Liverpool in European competition – they lost 0-4 in March 2009 and won 3-0 in October 2014 (both in the Champions League).
- In 13 previous knockout ties in European competition where they have lost the first leg by two or more goals, Liverpool have progressed twice. The most recent example was overturning a 0-3 first leg deficit against Barcelona en route to winning the 2018-19 Champions League.
- Mohamed Salah has scored in each of his last four Champions League appearances – the only Liverpool player to score in five consecutive European Cup/Champions League games is Steven Gerrard, who did so in 2007-08.
- Five of Liverpool’s 11 home defeats in the Champions League have come against Spanish opposition, while Real Madrid could become the second side to win away against the Reds twice in the competition, after Barcelona.
- In the Champions League, Real Madrid have won 15 of their 16 previous knockout ties when winning the first leg by two or more goals, with the exception being the 2003-04 quarter-final against Monaco (4-2 first leg, 1-3 second leg).
- Luka Modric has provided an assist in each of his last three Champions League appearances.
- Seven of Marco Asensio’s eight Champions League goals for Real Madrid have come in the knockout stages. Of all players to have scored more than five goals in the competition, no-one has scored a higher share in these rounds (88%).
- Real Madrid have scored in each of their last 23 Champions League knockout stage matches since a goalless draw with Manchester City in the 2015-16 semi-final (50 goals).
- Vinicius Junior scored twice for Real Madrid in the first leg against Liverpool, as many goals as he had netted in his first 17 Champions League appearances.