Liverpool vs Nottingham LIVE Football Score 20 Mar 2022
About the match
Nottingham Forest is going head to head with Liverpool starting on 20 Mar 2022 at 18:00 UTC at City Ground stadium, Nottingham city, England. The match is a part of the FA Cup
Nottingham Forest will be looking to cause a shock in the FA Cup on Sunday evening when they host Liverpool in the quarter-finals of the famous competition. This weekend’s contest will be the first time that these two sides have locked horns since April 1999, when they played out a 2-2 draw at the City Ground in the Premier League
Forest are two-time winners of the FA Cup, last lifting the trophy in 1959, when they beat Luton Town in the final, and the Reds will be looking to pull off a shock result on Sunday to advance to the semi-finals. Steve Cooper’s side have had to beat two Premier League clubs to reach this stage of this season’s competition, overcoming Arsenal by one goal at the City Ground on January 9 before thumping Leicester City 4-1 in the next round, ahead of a 2-1 success against Huddersfield Town last time out.
Forest will therefore be full of confidence heading into the contest, particularly as they have won their last three in all competitions, including back-to-back Championship successes over Reading and Queens Park Rangers, which has left them in eighth position in the table, one point behind sixth-placed QPR.
Absent from the Premier League since 1999, it would be some story if Cooper could lead the club back to England’s top flight, and they look more than capable of claiming a playoff spot this term. The Reds have not actually lost a single match since the end of January, winning six and drawing three of their last nine games in all competitions, and they can fully focus on this contest, with their next Championship match not coming until April 2 away to Blackpool.
- This is the first FA Cup meeting between Nottingham Forest and Liverpool since the 1988-89 semi-final, when Liverpool won 3-1 at Old Trafford en route to winning the trophy.
- Overall, Liverpool have progressed from six of their seven FA Cup ties against Nottingham Forest, failing only in the first such meeting in February 1895.
- Liverpool are winless in their past 12 away games against Nottingham Forest in all competitions (D7 L5), since a 2-0 victory in October 1984. It’s the their longest current winless away run against an opponent, while they last had a longer run against a side vs Arsenal (14 between 2000 and 2011).
- This is the first meeting in any competition between Nottingham Forest and Liverpool since a 2-2 draw at the City Ground in April 1999 in the Premier League.
- This is Nottingham Forest’s first FA Cup quarter-final match since the 1995-96 campaign, when they lost 1-0 at home to Aston Villa.
- Forest last reached the semi-final of the competition in 1990-91, when they eventually lost in the final to Tottenham Hotspur.
- Nottingham Forest have already eliminated two Premier League opponents in this season’s FA Cup, knocking out Arsenal in the third round and holders Leicester in the fourth.
- This is the first time Liverpool have reached the quarter-finals of the FA Cup under Jurgen Klopp, with the previous occasion in which they did so coming in April 2015 under Brendan Rodgers.
- The Reds have progressed past this stage in 16 of the past 17 campaigns they’ve reached the final eight.
- Liverpool have won just two of their past eight FA Cup matches away from home (D2 L4), with the Reds conceding at least twice in six of those games. Each of their three matches this season have come at Anfield.
- Since the start of 2020, Liverpool’s Takumi Minamino has scored nine goals in domestic cup competitions (6 in the League Cup, 3 in the FA Cup), the joint-most of any player alongside Jay Rodriguez and Kelechi Iheanacho.
Leave a Reply