Liverpool vs Leicester Football Score 30 Jul 2023
CHRIS SUTTON’S PREDICTION
Cody Gakpo is an excellent signing for Liverpool and I’m looking forward to seeing how he fits into their attack when his deal goes through in January.
I wrongly thought Liverpool would slip up against Aston Villa in their last game – Villa did have some chances but the Reds ended up winning comfortably.
Jurgen Klopp’s side are going to be pushing hard for the top four in the new year and I think they will end 2022 with a win too.
James Maddison’s knee injury is a concern for Leicester but I still think they will get a goal at Anfield – I just think Liverpool will score more than them.
- Liverpool have lost two of their last three Premier League games against Leicester, as many as they had in their previous 17 versus the Foxes.
- Leicester are winless in each of their last 12 away matches against the Reds in all competitions (D3, L9).
- Their last win at Anfield was a 2-0 Premier League victory in May 2000 courtesy of goals by Tony Cottee and Phil Gilchrist.
- Liverpool are guaranteed to be outside the Premier League top four at the turn of the year for the first time since the 2015-16 campaign, when Jurgen Klopp had been manager for fewer than three months.
- The Merseysiders have won three consecutive league games for the first time since winning their final three fixtures of last season. The Reds won only four of their opening 12 league matches in the current campaign.
- They have kept just four clean sheets in their 19 Premier League games since the start of May, with only Southampton, Leeds and Aston Villa keeping fewer amongst ever present top-flight sides.
- Leicester have not been in the bottom half of the Premier League table at the turn of the year since the 2016-17 season, when they were reigning champions.
- They have recorded five wins against Jurgen Klopp’s Liverpool in league and cup, a joint-high with Manchester City. All five of the Foxes’ victories were at the King Power Stadium.
- Brendan Rodgers’ side conceded as many goals in their 3-0 defeat against Newcastle on Boxing Day as they had in their previous 10 matches in all competitions combined.
- The last time they both lost and failed to score in consecutive league games was October 2020.
- The Foxes are aiming to win four straight away league games without conceding for the first time in their history.
My Liverpool line-up
Predict Liverpool’s starting XI for their next fixture – remember you can change the formation!
My Leicester City line-up
Predict Leicester’s starting XI for their next fixture – remember you can change the formation!