Liverpool vs Burnley Premier League LIVE Football Score 21 Aug 2021
ABOUT THE MATCH
Liverpool is going head to head with Burnley starting on 21 Aug 2021 at 11:30 UTC at Anfield stadium, Liverpool city, England. The match is a part of the Premier League.
Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp said qualifying for the Champions League would be one of the club’s biggest achievements given how badly its Premier League title defence went this season.
Liverpool, which stormed to the title last season, slipped to seventh at one point in the current campaign, with Klopp’s team struggling with poor form and injuries and suffering a club-record six straight league defeats at Anfield.
Battling Burnley give all they’ve got
Burnley have now extended an unwanted club record to 10 consecutive top-flight home league games without a win, dating back to January.
With fans back inside Turf Moor, the home side were clearly in a mood to make amends, harrying all over the pitch, snapping into tackles and diving in to block shots.m James Tarkowski and Mee were typically combative in an attempt to protect goalkeeper Will Norris, starting his first Premier League game for the club.
Things could have been different had Wood not fired an effort wide after nipping in behind the Liverpool defence to get on to a long ball forward, but this was indicative of the lack of ruthlessness that has, at times, blighted their season. “We’ve had a really tough season,” Dyche told BBC Sport. “We’ve had some knocks on the way.
“I thought we gave a good account of ourselves. We have actually played pretty well over the last few weeks but we haven’t taken our chances. “We could have been effective in the final third when it really counts. That’s probably been my biggest bug.”
There is little more Dyche could have asked from his players both in this game and the league campaign, which has again seem them defy their relatively small budget to stay in the division. However Dyche will be eager to end on a high at Sheffield United before a summer that the long-serving manager will hope sees more investment than in the previous close season.
“There’s always a lot to do here,” said Dyche. “It’s a restart every summer. We will see what happens and what can be done investment wise. “We have a base here to work on and it’s how we layer up on top of that to find the next generation of players to keep moving forward.”
When Firmino scores, Liverpool win
- Liverpool haven’t lost any of the 14 Premier League matches in which Roberto Firmino has scored the opening goal of the game (W12 D2) – including winning each of the last 11 in a row.
- Liverpool forward Roberto Firmino is only the second player to score in three consecutive Premier League away games at Turf Moor, after Anthony Martial. Indeed, the Brazilian has now scored as many times in his last three league appearances as in the 19 matches beforehand (
- Including a spell at Stuttgart last season, Nathaniel Phillips’ header was his first career goal as a professional, on what was his 20th appearance for Liverpool across all competitions.
- Since the start of last season, Burnley have lost all five of their Premier League games without Nick Pope in goal, conceding 3.4 goals per game on average, compared to just 1.2 in the 70 top-flight games in which he has started for the Clarets.
- Since the start of the 2017-18 season, only Kevin de Bruyne (49) has more Premier League assists than Liverpool full-back Andrew Robertson , who assisted twice in a Premier League game for the first time since April 2019.
Leave a Reply