Leicester City vs Newcastle – Premier League Live Football Score 7 May 2021
Leicester City’s struggles against Newcastle United in Premier League action appear to be a thing of the past. After winning only three of their first 17 league matches against the Magpies, the Foxes have been victorious in eight of the last 10 meetings. Leicester City aims for its fourth consecutive Premier League triumph against Newcastle when it hosts its rival on Friday. The Foxes got the better of the Magpies earlier this season, posting a 2-1 road victory on Jan. 3.
Kickoff from King Power Stadium is scheduled for 3 p.m. ET. The latest Newcastle vs. Leicester City odds from William Hill Sportsbook list Leicester City as 1.5-goal and -235 money-line favorites (risk $235 to win $100), while the over-under for total goals scored is 2.5. Before locking in any Newcastle vs. Leicester City picks,
Top predictions for Newcastle vs. Leicester City
Green is leaning over 2.5 goals in Friday’s matchup between Newcastle and Leicester City. The Magpies are hoping for a strong offensive performance after recording a total of one goal over their previous two matches. Prior to that, Newcastle netted two or more tallies in three consecutive contests. Forward Callum Wilson, who leads the team with 10 goals, is due to break through as he enters Friday with a six-game drought.
Leicester City combined with its opponents to go over this total in eight of 10 Premier League contests prior to last Friday’s 1-1 draw with Southampton. Kelechi Iheanacho did not score in that match but produced five goals over his previous four games across all competitions. The 24-year-old Nigerian forward has netted 10 of his team-leading 17 tallies during Premier League play, which is one of the reasons Green is leaning toward the over on Friday.
- Leicester have won eight of the past 10 Premier League meetings.
- Newcastle are aiming for a 50th league win against Leicester. Only Manchester United, Arsenal, West Ham and Birmingham have won more often against the Foxes.
- Leicester are already guaranteed to finish on their second-highest Premier League points total, behind the 81 points that won them the title in 2015-16.
- The Foxes have lost seven home league matches this season. Only Everton and the three teams currently in the relegation zone have fared worse.
- Their only win in the past 11 Premier League fixtures played on a Friday was the record 9-0 victory at Southampton last season.
- They have been awarded an unrivalled 10 penalties in the league this season, but all of those were before the turn of the year. The Foxes are one of three clubs, along with Newcastle and Leeds, not to have been awarded a Premier League penalty in 2021.
- Newcastle have lost all six Premier League fixtures this season against the teams currently in the top four of the table.
- They have taken four points from their past two away matches, as many as they had in their previous 10 attempts.
- Steve Bruce’s side have scored a league-low 33% of their goals in the first half of games this season. The Magpies have only been ahead at half-time in four Premier League matches this term.
- Callum Wilson is the only player to score more than four Premier League goals for Newcastle this season. All 10 of his goals have been scored in the second half.