Denmark vs Belgium Euro LIVE Football Score 17 June 2021
ABOUT THE MATCH
Denmark is going head to head with Belgium starting on 17 Jun 2021 at 16:00 UTC at Parken stadium, Copenhagen city, Denmark. The match is a part of the European Championship, Group B
- Denmark’s opening match of EURO 2020 against Finland paled into insignificance following the collapse of midfielder Christian Eriksen in the first half, which led to him needing emergency treatment including CPR on the pitch with the match indefinitely suspended at 0-0.
- Following the news that Eriksen was awake and that his condition had been stabilised, the game resumed later on in the day, however the Danish players were understandably not at their usual high levels and Finland emerged 0-1 winners following a goal on the hour mark, whilst Denmark midfielder Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg saw a penalty brilliantly saved later on in the second half.
- Brentford midfielder Mathias Jensen took Eriksen’s place in such difficult circumstances and he is likely to start in a three-pronged Denmark central midfield against Belgium, whilst winger Robert Skov faces a race against time to be fit after missing out against Finland through injury.
- Belgium got their Group B campaign off to the ideal start with a comfortable 0-3 victory over Russia in Saint Petersburg, a match in which they were rarely troubled and further justified their standing as one of the favourites to win EURO 2020.
- The Red Devils’ all-time record goalscorer Romelu Lukaku laid down an early marker in his quest for the tournament’s top scorer award, scoring twice even without the services of influential playmaker Kevin De Bruyne in the side.
- De Bruyne has returned to training with the first team and if he is passed fit, then a place on the bench may be the most likely destination for him against Denmark alongside midfielder Axel Witsel, who has been confirmed as available for selection by boss Roberto Martinez, whilst central defender Jan Vertonghen is a doubt after having to come off against Russia following a knock.
THE TEAM NEWS
PREDICTED XI (4-3-3): Schmeichel; Maehle, Kjaer, Christensen, Wass; Jensen, Hojbjerg, Delaney; A. Skov Olsen, Poulsen, Braithwaite
UNAVAILABLE: Eriksen (Illness)
QUESTIONABLE: R. Skov (Injured)
PREDICTED XI (4-3-3): Courtois; Alderweireld, Boyata, Vermaelen; Meunier, Dendoncker, Tielemans, T. Hazard; Mertens, Lukaku, Carrasco
UNAVAILABLE: Castagne (Injured)
QUESTIONABLE: De Bruyne (Injured), Vertonghen (Injured)
THE KEY STATS
- Belgium won each of their last two international matches between the two nations by a margin of two goals (4-2 and 2-0, UEFA Nations League 2020) – Belgium to win by two goals or more
- Belgium have scored the first goal in each of their last five EURO final tournament matches – Belgium to score first
- Belgium have scored three goals or more in three of their last five EURO final tournament matches – Belgium to score over 2.5 goals
- Belgium have won four of their last five EURO final tournament matches without conceding a goal – Belgium to win to nil
- Belgium have not failed to score in their last 31 international matches. The last time was vs France in 2018 World Cup semi-finals (L 1-0) – Belgium to score