Chelsea vs Tottenham LIVE Football Score 14 Aug 2022
About the match
Chelsea is going head to head with Tottenham Hotspur starting on 14 Aug 2022 at 15:30 UTC at Stamford Bridge stadium, London city, England. The match is a part of the Premier League.
Prediction and winning odds
CHRIS SUTTON’S PREDICTION
Chelsea love playing Spurs – they beat them four times last season, and Tottenham have only beaten them once in the league at Stamford Bridge since February 1990.
Spurs boss Antonio Conte was in charge of Chelsea for that defeat – in April 2018 – but I have a sneaky feeling he will enjoy this meeting a lot more.
Chelsea got a good win at Everton, but the way they got it was not particularly pretty. If they are slightly off it again on Sunday, they won’t get away with it.
Tottenham, meanwhile, were devastating in attack against Southampton and I am expecting more of the same from them here.
Add in Conte going back to Stamford Bridge, and I am going to go with Spurs to take the points.
They took the game to Saints anyway, but they also counter-attack so well when that turnover happens. When they get the ball into Kane with runners off him, they are so hard to stop.
- Tottenham have won only seven of their 60 Premier League matches against Chelsea (D20, L33).
- Last season, Chelsea picked up more points away (40) than they did at Stamford Bridge (34).
- Chelsea have dropped points in their opening Premier League home fixture in four of the past seven seasons (W3, D2, L2).
- The Blues will face a former manager for a second consecutive league match, with Antonio Conte following Everton’s Frank Lampard.
- Spurs have earned four successive Premier League victories, the longest current winning run in the division.
- Tottenham have won 99 Premier League London derby matches, and could be the third side to reach 100 victories after Chelsea and Arsenal.
- However, Spurs only took one point in their five away London derbies last season, scoring just one goal.
- Harry Kane needs two goals to break Sergio Agüero’s record of most Premier League goals for a single club: 184 for Manchester City.
My Chelsea line-up
Predict Chelsea’s starting XI for their next fixture – remember you can change the formation!
My Tottenham Hotspur line-up
Predict Tottenham Hotspur’s starting XI for their next fixture – remember you can change the formation!
Chelsea possible starting lineup:
Mendy; Azpilicueta, Silva, Koulibaly; James, Jorginho, Kante, Cucurella; Sterling, Mount; Havertz
Tottenham Hotspur possible starting lineup:
Lloris; Romero, Dier, Davies; Emerson, Hojbjerg, Bentancur, Sessegnon; Kulusevski, Kane, Son