Chelsea vs Newcastle LIVE Football Score 13 Mar 2022
About the match
Chelsea is going head to head with Newcastle United starting on 13 Mar 2022 at 14:00 UTC at Stamford Bridge stadium, London city, England. The match is a part of the Premier League.
Chelsea will be looking to make it five Premier League victories in a row when they welcome an in-form Newcastle United to Stamford Bridge on Sunday afternoon.
The Blues will enter the contest off the back of a 3-1 win over Norwich City on Thursday, while Newcastle continued their excellent form on the same night with a 2-1 success at Southampton
There is a lot of uncertainty at Chelsea at the moment, with the club facing a change of ownership, while the capital giants have been hit with a number of restrictions due to the UK government sanctions against current owner Roman Abramovich.
Head coach Thomas Tuchel and the players can only control matters on the field, though, and the Blues put their issues aside on Thursday evening to record a 3-1 victory over Norwich, which made it four straight wins in England’s top flight and strengthened their control of third position.
- Chelsea have won eight of the past 10 league meetings, including the last three in a row. They last won more consecutively against the Magpies in the league between April 1957 and September 1958.
- Newcastle’s only win in their last 27 league games at Stamford Bridge was by 2-0 in May 2012.
- The Blues have won each of their subsequent eight top-flight home games against the Magpies.
- Chelsea are unbeaten in nine home league matches since a 1-0 loss against Manchester City in September (W4, D5). However, the Blues have kept just two clean sheets in those games, having registered nine in their first 13 under Thomas Tuchel.
- They are on a run of four Premier League wins in a row.
- The Blues are unbeaten in their last 34 home league games played in March since a 4-2 loss against Sunderland in 2001 (W29, D5).
- They are also undefeated in all seven of their league fixtures played on Sundays this season (W4, D3).
- Newcastle are on a nine-game unbeaten run in the Premier League (W6, D3).
- Only Liverpool have won more top-flight points in 2022 than the 20 by Newcastle prior to the weekend.
- They have lost 23 of their last 24 Premier League away games against sides starting the day in the top three of the table, with the exception being a 4-2 victory at Leicester City in May 2021.
- The 18 headed goals scored by Chris Wood in the Premier League since the start of the 2017-18 season is the joint most of any player along with Everton’s Dominic Calvert-Lewin.
My Chelsea XI
Choose your Chelsea formation and starting line-up. It’s up to you how to approach it – you could go for the team you WANT the boss to pick or the one you THINK he will.
My Newcastle United XI
Choose your Newcastle United starting formation and line-up. It’s up to you how to approach it – you could go for the team you WANT the boss to pick or the one you THINK he will.
Chelsea’s Reece James is expected to remain absent with the muscular issue that caused him to miss the win over Norwich.
Christian Pulisic missed that game with illness and captain Cesar Azpilicueta was withdrawn at half-time because of stomach problems.
Newcastle’s Joelinton and Allan Saint-Maximin are set to again miss out due to injury and illness respectively.
Fabian Schar is a doubt after he went off on Thursday with a groin problem.
Leave a Reply