Chelsea vs Aston Villa Premier League LIVE Football Score 26 Dec 2021
About the match
Aston Villa is going head to head with Chelsea starting on 26 Dec 2021 at 17:30 UTC at Villa Park stadium, Birmingham city, England. The match is a part of the Premier League.
- Aston Villa can win back-to-back home league games against Chelsea for the first time in 17 years following their 2-1 triumph last season. However, that is Villa’s only victory in the past nine Premier League meetings.
- The Blues have won on five of their past seven league visits to Villa Park.
- Chelsea are unbeaten in all five league meetings on Boxing Day, most recently drawing 4-4 at Stamford Bridge in 2007.
- Villa have amassed 12 points in six matches under head coach Steven Gerrard – two more than in their opening 11 league games under Dean Smith.
- They have won three successive Boxing Day fixtures, their longest run since five victories in a row between 1908 and 1913.
- Aston Villa have lost 20 Premier League fixtures in 2021. Only Newcastle United and Southampton, with 21 defeats each, have fared worse.
- They have lost all five games this season versus teams in the top five of the table.
- Ollie Watkins has scored three goals and assisted one in six Premier League appearances under Gerrard.
- Chelsea could go three league games without a win for the first time under head coach Thomas Tuchel.
- They have won just twice in six Premier League fixtures (D3, L1) and are six points behind leaders Manchester City.
- The Blues can lose three successive Boxing Day fixtures for the first time since 1914.
- They have not lost a Boxing Day league game outside of London since a 2-0 defeat at Notts County in 1991.
- Chelsea had dropped seven points from winning positions in their past eight Premier League games.
- Six of the 12 Premier League goals conceded by Chelsea this season have come via a set-piece.
My Aston Villa XI
Choose your Aston Villa formation and starting line-up. It’s up to you how to approach it – you could go for the team you WANT the boss to pick or the one you THINK he will.
My Chelsea XI
Choose your Chelsea formation and starting line-up. It’s up to you how to approach it – you could go for the team you WANT the boss to pick or the one you THINK he will.
It is hard to make a prediction when you don’t know who is available for either team, but Chelsea should still be the stronger side.
Villa will give it a good go, just as they did when they played Manchester City at Villa Park a few weeks ago, but, like City did, Chelsea should still find a way to win.
It has not been a great few weeks for Thomas Tuchel’s side for various reasons – he clearly felt last week’s game with Wolves should have been postponed – but I wouldn’t be surprised if they put together a bit of a run now. Their game against Liverpool on 2 January is going to be very interesting.
Leave a Reply