Barcelona vs Ath Bilbao LIVE Football Score 27 Feb 2022
ABOUT THE MATCH
Barcelona is going head to head with Athletic Club starting on 27 Feb 2022 at 20:00 UTC at Camp Nou stadium, Barcelona city, Spain. The match is a part of the LaLiga.
Barcelona host Athletic Bilbao at the Camp Nou in La Liga on Saturday, looking to continue their momentum.Xavi’s side are currently on a six-game unbeaten run in all competitions, last losing ironically to Bilbao themselves in a 3-2 defeat in Copa del Rey last month.
They also overcame Napoli in a thrilling 4-2 victory in the Europa League on Thursday to qualify for the last-16 and boast a nine-game undefeated streak in La Liga.
Things are finally improving again for the beleaguered side following a disastrous first few months of the campaign.
However, the Blaugrana are still 15 points behind leaders Real Madrid with a game in hand and sit fourth in the league standings.
Bilbao have become a bogey side for Barcelona in recent times, having also held them to a 1-1 draw on the opening day of the league campaign back in August.
Los Leones are also doing well in the top-flight, with just one loss in six games. They sit in eighth position with 37 points as European football is on their agenda.
Barcelona vs Athletic Bilbao Head-To-Head and Key Numbers
- Barcelona have gone 19 consecutive home league games without a loss to Bilbao, who last won at the Camp Nou in November 2001 (1-2)
- The Catalans are unbeaten in 18 consecutive games in La Liga against opponents from the Basque Country since a 1-0 loss to Bilbao in August 2019
- The Blaugrana have lost just one of their last 14 games in the top-flight after losing three of their previous four
- Athletic have won four of their last six La Liga games
- Xavi’s troops have scored in each of their last nine league matches, their best run since a 26-game streak between November 2020 and May 2021
Barcelona vs Athletic Bilbao Prediction
With new arrivals making an immediate impact, Barcelona are playing with renewed vigor at the moment.
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang is breathing fire at the moment, while Adama Traore has looked right at home too. Ferran Torres has also impressed.
The club seem to have their swagger back and Bilbao will have to pull off something extraordinary to beat them again.
Prediction: Barcelona 3-1 Athletic Bilbao
Barcelona vs Athletic Bilbao Betting Tips
- Barcelona have significantly improved of late, although consistency has still been hard to come by.
- They suffered a setback by drawing with Espanyol after a fine performance against Atletico Madrid, but they produced another big display last time out to defeat Valencia 4-1 away from home. New signing Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang netted a hat-trick, and Frenkie de Jong was also on target. Xavi’s men remain fourth as a result.
- Barca were also in Europa League action during the week when they produced a brilliant win over Napoli, winning 4-2 on the night in Naples and 5-3 on aggregate. Jordi Alba, Frenkie de Jong, Gerard Pique and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang were all on target.
- Athletic Club are on cloud nine after a brilliant derby win over Real Sociedad, winning 4-0. Dani Vivian, Oihan Sancet, Inaki Williams and Iker Muniain all got in on the action.
- That was an important win for Marcelino’s men after a shock defeat to Mallorca. That loss followed three straight wins, so the Lions come into this one in good form, winning four of their last five.
- They will fancy their chances of grabbing a point here, especially with the quick turnaround an already stretched Barcelona