Arsenal vs Southampton LIVE Football Score 16 Apr 2022
Start date: 16 Apr 2022 19:00
Location: Southampton Venue: St. Mary’s Stadium
About the match
Southampton is going head to head with Arsenal starting on 16 Apr 2022 at 14:00 UTC at St. Mary’s Stadium stadium, Southampton city, England. The match is a part of the Premier League.
- Southampton are in danger of losing three consecutive home league games to Arsenal for the first time since a run of four between 1968 and 1971.
- Arsenal have lost just one of their past 12 Premier League matches against Southampton (W7, D4).
- Saints have scored first in seven of the 11 most recent league meetings but have only gone on to win one of those seven games (D3, L3), a 3-2 victory in December 2018.
- Southampton have lost four of their last five Premier League matches, conceding 15 goals and scoring just three.
- Saints have suffered three consecutive league defeats at St Mary’s, having lost only one of their opening 13 top-flight home fixtures this season.
- They are aiming for a 100th Premier League victory at St Mary’s Stadium.
- Southampton have conceded an unrivalled 216 Premier League goals since Ralph Hasenhuttl took charge in December 2018.
- James Ward-Prowse, with seven goals and four assists, has been directly involved in a club-high 11 Premier League goals this season – but has scored just one goal and had only one assist at St Mary’s.
- Arsenal have lost three of their past four Premier League matches, having previously lost just one of 11.
- A win would ensure Arsenal become the third club to record 250 Premier League away victories, emulating Manchester United and Chelsea.
- Mikel Arteta’s side have lost seven of eight Premier League games when conceding first this season.
- Alexandre Lacazette has been involved in seven goals in his past six Premier League appearances against Southampton, scoring five and setting up two.
- Bukayo Saka has been Arsenal’s most prolific shooter (72) and chance creator (56) in the Premier League this season. He is the only English player to have registered more than 50 shots and 50 chances created in the top flight in 2021-22.
- Saka has had five goals and an assist in Arsenal’s last six Premier League away matches.
My Southampton XI
Choose your Southampton starting formation and line-up. It’s up to you how to approach it – you could go for the team you WANT the boss to pick or the one you THINK he will.
My Arsenal XI
Choose your Arsenal formation and starting line-up. It’s up to you how to approach it – you could go for the team you WANT the boss to pick or the one you THINK he will.
Southampton vs Arsenal Head-to-Head and Key Numbers
- Arsenal have a predictably impressive record against Southampton and have won 53 out of a 103 matches played between the two teams, as opposed to Southampton’s 22 victories.
- Southampton have a poor recent record at home against Arsenal and have lost their last two matches against the Gunners at St. Mary’s Stadium.
- Arsenal have lost only one of their last 12 Premier League matches against Southampton and could complete their first league double against the Saints in over five years.
- Since 2016, Southampton have scored the first goal in seven of their 11 matches against Arsenal but have managed to win only one of these seven games.
- Southampton have scored a total of 10 goals in their last three Premier League home games – as many as they have conceded in the 13 home games preceding this run.
- Arsenal have lost consecutive Premier League matches this month and last lost three matches in a row in their poor start to the season in August last year.