Arsenal VS Newcastle Utd Live Football Match Score 2 May 2021
Newcastle United is going head to head with Arsenal starting on 2 May 2021 at 13:00 UTC at St James’ Park stadium, Newcastle upon Tyne city, England. The match is a part of the Premier League. Newcastle United played against Arsenal in 2 matches this season. Currently, Newcastle United rank 16th, while Arsenal hold 10th position. Looking to compare the best-rated player on both teams? rating system assigns each player a specific rating based on numerous data factors.
Newcastle United take on Arsenal in the Premier League on Sunday, with the hosts looking to take another step towards surviving relegation. Arsenal, meanwhile, will be looking to remain in the top half of the table ahead of their Europa League semi-final second leg against Villarreal on Thursday. After a winless run of six league games saw Newcastle slip perilously closer to the relegation zone, Steve Bruce’s side have since taken eight points from their last four matches to move nine points clear of 18th-placed Fulham with only five matches remaining.
Newcastle lost 3-0 at Brighton they seemed Championship bound and Steve Bruce looked set to be sacked. Instead, Mike Ashley opted to stick rather than twist and this apparent gamble on the part of the club’s owner has seen the team collect eight points from their last four games. Should an Arsenal side likely to have one eye on next week’s Europa League semi-final, second leg against Villarreal be beaten Newcastle will reach the 39-point mark and be virtually certain of avoiding relegation. Yet, while an attacking combination of Callum Wilson and Allan Saint-Maximin look set to stretch Mikel Arteta’s defence, the Tynesiders must cope without their recent super-sub, the unavailable Arsenal loanee Joe Willock.
- Newcastle have lost 16 of the past 17 competitive meetings and failed to score in any of the last five.
- Arsenal have only lost in three of their 22 most recent visits to St James’ Park.
- Their solitary defeat in eight Premier League matches came at Brighton in March (W2, D5).
- Newcastle can win consecutive Premier League home fixtures for the second time under Steve Bruce, and first since December 2019.
- The Magpies have kept one clean sheet in 20 home league games – a 0-0 draw with Liverpool in December.
- Callum Wilson’s 10 league goals this season have all come in the second half.
- Steve Bruce has won two of his 23 Premier League matches as a manager against Arsenal. Both victories were at home.
- Arsenal have equalled their longest unbeaten league away run under Mikel Arteta, winning twice and drawing twice.
- They have earned 24 points away from home in 2020-21, two more than at the Emirates Stadium.
- Arsenal have lost 13 times in the top flight this season, equalling the club record for a 38-match Premier League season set in 2017-18.
- The Gunners have failed to score in 12 league games this season, their worst record since 1994-95.
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has scored in his past four appearances against Newcastle in all competitions.
- Arteta has won all nine of his competitive matches as an Arsenal player and manager against Newcastle.